Sunday, September 25, 2011

AWE, RAIN


Man did we need the rain. Food plots are growing again. I don't know if it's just me or not but it does not seem like the deer have faired to well over the summer. I don't feel like they had a lot to eat. I have seen a couple of does that look poor. Like the one shown below. A few other people have told me the same thing. There does not seem to be many acorns this year either. They are already destroying my food plots. I have a couple of small plots and before the rain I had oats up about 3" and they have ate them to the ground. No plot left until the rains came and it is growing again but they already have it mowed down. I don't remember them ever hitting the plot so hard this early. Will have to ask Paul or Nolan if they can recall such a year. I would have to think that it would even be worse without the feeders. Nobody scored this weekend. The woods did get some good rain though. See ya next week at the woods.

No comments: