Monday, October 24, 2011

FIREARM OPENER




The way bow season went I was wondering how thinks were going to pan out this year and I got my answer this weekend. We had great weather as we have had all season and the bucks were moving. Several bucks and does were taken this last weekend. Sheri Pasternack took two does and Joe Stonica and Rocky Reed both shot does. Little Brenden Philyaw took a doe, not sure if it was his first or not. I think he is only five years old, congratulations Brenden. Also miss Jordon Mixon shot her first doe of the season. Amber Roberts shown in the first picture shot a nice eight pointer. Then we have Gene Brown with a nice ten pointer in the next picture. It had a 17 1/2" spread and rough scored 124. I think Gene was thinking nothing to this, just drive over from Alabama and shoot a big one then go home. Jody Parks also took an eight pointer. I did not see it nor do I have any pictures. The last picture with the deer on the ground is Ron Meckler's deer. I do not have a picture with him and the deer. He is shown in the picture above with the doe which he also took. I heard it was a nice deer as you can see. It weighted 245 pounds, wow. Several other bucks were seen, I was told. That's got to make the Florida boys ready to jump in their trucks and head up. Looks like it is going to be cool again this weekend, lookout. Posting a little later so people have a chance to send me pictures. The best way is to text them to me. A great start to the season, see ya at the woods.




No comments: